Most often resolutions are too unrealistic and too hard to be able to accomplish. What does last throughout the year is the ability to form habits. The formation of habits takes about 66 days to accomplish (that’s about 10 weeks). However, everyone is different, and it could less or more time depending on commitment level, motivation levels, and how much time you prioritize to yourself. Forming habits is not only about sticking to one forever but being able to create new ones when your life changes.
To create your own version of a healthy lifestyle you need to find balance in your physical, emotional, social, mental, and spiritual health. The best way to accomplish this is to find things that best fit who you are and what your goals are. However, being able to balance life’s responsibilities and obstacles while still thinking about yourself is a challenging task.
So, what can you do to strive for a healthier lifestyle? And form good habits?
Below are SIX tips to get you moving towards the life you deserve. Try one, or two or all of them until you find what works for YOU.
Tips to Get You Started:
1. Start with a small easy habit and add from there.
Try doing 1 stretch when you get up in the morning or dedicate 5 minutes to stretch before bed. Make it SO easy that you WILL accomplish it.
2. Have realistic goals that you can attain with balance in your lifestyle.
If you know you cannot dedicate an hour for exercise each day, try starting with 30 minutes. This will help you have a better, more productive workout.
3. Write down and plan out when and where you will do this habit.
Keep a journal of when and where you will do this activity. A journal can keep you accountable and you can see your progress.
4. If you miss a day, don’t dwell. Get back into it!
Yes, life does get in the way sometimes. Don’t worry about it and move on to the next day.
5. Plan for failure and think consistency, not perfection.
If you accept that you will not be perfect in forming this habit, the more likely you will be successful in making it a part of your routine.
6. Try something new. Think outside the box. Keep trying until you find something that works!
Some New Ideas:
Listen to an inspirational podcast, read a new book, learn a new skill, find a new passion, give time to someone in need, try a new fitness class like Tai Chi, or a new mediation app! There are awesome apps out there like the Calm app that allows you to listen to 5-minute, 10-minute, or even an hour-long meditation session. Tai Chi is a class that helps you find balance, strength, and your inner peace. (3 To Be Fit offers this!)
How 3 To Be Fit Can Help you form Habits:
- Our personal training sessions allow for discipline and you to be held accountable to working towards your fitness goals.
- Our instructors are awesome motivators and can give you the positive push you need to have a great session.
- We can give you consistency through personal training sessions and group training classes each week, which are usually at the same time.
- We provide a program that works with your life, not one that takes it over. We strive for balance with your fitness goals and life goals.
All you have to give us is the desire to work hard and want to change your life!
We look at big picture and what will be best for you in the long run. There are no quick fixes when it comes to your body, it is a journey. We provide quality programs with experienced instructors who adapt to what you need.
Do you think 3 To Be Fit would be a great fit for you? Call or text us today to see how we can help you make your fitness a priority! Contact Jeremy at (716) 425-7444 or find us on Instagram @3_tobefit or on Facebook @3tobefit!